HCI TV has been building patient engagement and entertainment systems since 2002. At our core, we are innovators. We genuinely believe that innovative approaches to common healthcare dilemmas will create happier patients, financially viable healthcare providers and ultimately, healthier communities.
HCI has introduced many firsts to the healthcare industry including the universal pillow speaker control and the first integrated TV media player. HCI was also the first television manufacturer to bring Android TV to the healthcare market. When most people look at a TV monitor in a hospital room, they see only a TV. We see an opportunity to use technology to:
- Improve patient health
- Streamline clinician workflows
- Deliver significant cost savings, increase ancillary hospital revenue, and protect reimbursement revenue
We see the need to engage with patients and families beyond the inpatient stay. That’s why we have designed MediaCare to help patients before, during and after their hospital stay.
Our MediaCare Solution, built upon the strength of the Android operating systems, is an Interactive Patient Care platform that delivers comprehensive education, entertainment, and communication. We believe that our technology is unique amongst competing interactive patient care software in the following ways:
- Customization – configure the system(s) with the functionality and applications desired. Our system is not limited to a predefined set of applications. The facility can quickly change the layout, graphics, content, and apps on the system.
- Scalability – No need for long-term contracts. Start the system with 1 unit and grow your Interactive Patient Care system over multiple fiscal cycles as the facility’s needs, budgets, and objectives change.
- Integration – One device, the integrated television, provides seamless communication between patient and healthcare provider. Other features include launching apps, messaging availability, watching movies and playing games. Access to EMR and other healthcare systems are utilized in our API.
- Open-sourced, open-platform – The Android Ecosystem gives our customers the flexibly to work with other developers and us to create the ultimate user experience. In addition to HCI Android applications, EPIC, CBORD, Cerner and many other technology companies can integrate with CareTV. This open approach allows facilities to incorporate other hospital systems with our system quickly.
- Remote Administration – HCI is the only provider that allows all settings of the television system to be managed, customized and updated remotely through a network or USB clone. Facilities can clone settings, update channel lineups, install software updates/apps and customize launchers from the comfort of their office. In addition, if our solution is installed across multiple facilities, all devices can be managed from a central location.
- Optimized for Pillow Speaker Use – All apps are optimized to be controlled by any pillow speaker. It makes it easier for patients to use and get the most out of the system. A keyboard can be easily added for advanced functionality, but the core applications (TV, education, movies, etc.) require only a pillow speaker.
- Cost – Real cost savings of up to 50% compared to competing for IPC systems can be realized.
But this is only part of the HCI difference. Our focus on patient education, safety, satisfaction and operational improvement are driven by an experienced team that knows how to walk the workflow. That’s why we assign a seasoned clinical account manager and software engineer to every project working alongside your staff.
Our goal is to provide a patient engagement and education system that will focus on improved ease of use, integration with existing healthcare applications and systems, and the extensive customizability of the Android platform. For these reasons, we believe that CareTV will be the comprehensive solution that will help you achieve your goals.