The use of Android devices in hospitals has transformed many aspects of clinical practice. HCI brings this technology to healthcare facilities and provides a flexible and future-proof platform for healthcare facilities to entertain, educate and inform patients, visitors and staff like never before. Because Android is an open platform, it is easy for facilities to create their own custom apps designed specifically for you and your patients’ needs. We have developed our own set of CareApps to advance the patient experience and take it a whole new level. Learn more about the CareApps below.
Instant messages can be sent to the TV regardless of what the patient is doing. This includes playing games on the android system, connecting an external gaming device, even if the device has been turned off.
Mass Messaging Built-In:
- Send any message at any time (scheduled or not) with just a few clicks regardless of TV on/off status
- Acquire real-time patient feedback on any issue at any time
- Follow-up reminders can be sent to the patient
- Improve HCAHPS with constant interactive patient & staff dialogue
Service Request App
- Automate non-clinical tasks and reduce task saturation with our built-in Service Request App
- MediaCare supports unlimited Categories and unlimited Service Request options
- Patient requests are directed to the fulfillment provider every time
- Ability to allow patients to view menus and place meal orders
- Can be expanded to include the canteen, gift shops, etc….
Patient Education App
Easily prescribe educational videos to patients’ TV’s. By providing this service, Educational content can be sent on demand which immediately would play on patients’ TV. If an ADT integration is present, educational content is automatically populated in the prescribed area of HCI’s education app.
With this task being automated clinicians can:
- Focus on quality of care they are providing patients
- Provide the personalized education geared toward the patient’s diagnosis
- Access patient information and reduce transition time
- Make education convenient for patients and families
RX Search App
Having trouble identifying prescription, over the counter, generic, and brand name pills and capsules? Quickly identify drugs and medications, including pill identifying pictures, using the RxList Pill Identifier Tool. Patients who don’t understand their prescribed medications results in:
- Increased progression of the disease
- Increased time in the hospital
- Additional doctor and emergency room visits
- Increased costs for hospital
Uses typically include scheduling, patient updates, and care team information. The Whiteboard App can automate and enhance many of these functions. This innovative communication tool can also:
- Integrate with the EMR to display patient daily goals, schedule and more
- Organize and increase the efficiency of your staff
- Keep the patient, their family and caregivers informed and involved
- Increase satisfaction of the patient and caregivers
Being in the hospital can be a very stressful time for the patient, caregivers and family members. Our Relax App will help them unwind, clear their head, and help get a good night’s sleep by playing any number of different relaxation videos. Three videos are included with a television purchase.
Many believe that with music comes healing powers. It has been stated that much can help both patients and clinical staff reduce stress, which leads to better outcomes for all. As all our devices use the Android platform the options of apps for music that a healthcare facility can offer is endless.
Facilities can track the performance and areas that need improvement. Our Survey App is able to:
- Survey patients through on-demand or non-intrusive prompts
- Provide customized survey questions in a variety of formats
- Dynamically change the follow up question based on the patient’s response
- Responses can trigger messages to staff members alerting them to patient satisfaction issues
- Patients can provide free text comments, suggestions or compliments
- All messages can be routed to the appropriate staff
Clear My Data App
This app was designed to ensure that the patients’ health information is properly protected. The staff will have the ability to clear all the patients’ information off of their television device at any given time. Not only will the staff member be able wipe the device clean, but you can also set it to manually clear the data once the patient is discharged.
Custom TV Channel Guide App
We are able to provide scrolling TV listings that can:
- Inform your guests and patients while they wait for their appointment
- Promote activities, events, and birthday celebrations to residents.
- Let your residents know about daily specials from the comfort of their beds
- Promote gift shop deals with dynamic in-store advertisements
Our integrated solution scales to your needs both today and tomorrow. We provide your facility a long-term solution that will positively impact patient satisfaction and education from day one. No other platform provides this level of flexibility. Just a few of the features using our system, built on Android, can provide you:
- Internet access can be made accessible
- Access to all the popular email providers
- Netflix, Hulu, Sling TV and other similar apps can be downloaded to the devices for the patient to access with their own log-in credentials
- HCI provides a selection of apps when delivering a product, but other games can be made accessible
TeamViewer allows you to remotely connect, monitor, and control your HCI devices. It serves as an effective tool for administrators who need a hands-on experience without ever leaving their desk.