Long Term Care: Social Connection is Vital to Maintaining Wellbeing
According to Pew Research, more than 40% of adults over the age of 65 own a smartphone, which means their demand for connectivity is at an all-time high. That number is increasing with each passing year. Quality of life is important – McKight’s quotes the World Health Organization as defining quality of life as “individuals’ perception of their position in life in the context of the culture and value systems in which they live and in relation to their goals, expectations, standards and concerns.” With that in mind, HCI has developed solutions that specifically address the unique challenges in long term care. We can help with Wander Management using RFID capabilities, and support Care Team rounding and logs with RTLS. We can help you optimize workflows and resource allocation with our Interactive Care solution.
Provide Your Residents with Connection Options to Support Social and Cognitive Health
With our exclusive Interactive Patient Care solutions, long term care residents can experience a higher degree of social capital – connecting with family, friends and loved ones. The solution platform offers a wide range of connection options, including:
- Streaming video for shows and on-demand movies; YouTube, social networks and email providers
- Games that maintain cognitive skills
- The ability to order UBER, LYFT, or other delivery services that help residents remain connected to the outside world
- Video capabilities for Telemedicine calls with preferred medical providers, eliminating the need for trips to the medical office
- Weather and News apps that help residents stay current
- Dynamic community membership and service directories
- Push community announcements and weather updates
- Present daily, weekly or monthly menus
Portable Tablets Enhance Quality of Life in Long Term Care Facility
All of the apps offered through HCI are available on our exclusive Portable tablet. Learn how residents at a long-term care and assisted living facility in Virginia used the portable tablets for social engagement when visitation was restricted during the COVID pandemic.
Staying in Touch with Family and Friends
With the Family and Friends Connect module on our Interactive Patient Whiteboard, in-room TV, or Portable Tablet, residents can video conference with loved ones. When combined with our web-based content manager, MediaCare, the options for residents to connect are truly endless. Since the apps we offer are based on the AndroidTM operating system, thousands of apps are available for entertainment, education and cognitive engagement.
When family members are choosing a long term care facility for their parents or grandparents, they want to be sure that the facility brings all the comforts of home. HCI solutions help residents remain engaged, entertained and involved. MediaCare offers complete data analysis and reporting so you can manage staff, scheduling, workflows and resources.
- Push announcements, calendars, and daily activities can be sent directly to residents’ TVs and Tablets
- Daily menu notifications and ordering from their room
- Notify residents of upcoming appointments, guest speakers, lectures, contests and performances
- Residents can order facility services from the comfort of their own room, such as environmental requests, trash collection and package delivery
- Maintenance calls: stay up to date on work orders and job completion
- Service requests are routed to the appropriate staff, optimizing staff time and improving efficiency
- Built-in Ethernet, WIFI, and Bluetooth
- Completely configurable for colors, branding, apps and services to enrich the resident experience
- Clone software and update devices over the network or via USB
Request your virtual demo to learn how we can help you enhance your residents’ cognitive and physical wellbeing.