Long Term Care: Social Connection is Vital to Maintaining Wellbeing
According to Pew Research, more than 40% of adults over the age of 65 own a smartphone, which means their demand for connectivity is at an all-time high. That number is increasing with each passing year. Quality of life is important – McKight’s quotes the World Health Organization as defining quality of life as “individuals’ perception of their position in life in the context of the culture and value systems in which they live and in relation to their goals, expectations, standards and concerns.” With that in mind, HCI has developed solutions that specifically address the unique challenges in long term care. We can help with Wander Management using RFID capabilities, and support Care Team rounding and logs with RTLS. Optimize workflows and resource allocation with our Interactive Care solution.
Provide Your Residents with Connection Options to Support Social and Cognitive Health
With our exclusive Interactive Patient Care solutions, long term care residents can experience a higher degree of social capital – connecting with family, friends and loved ones. The solution platform offers a wide range of connection options, including:
- Streaming video for shows and on-demand movies
- Games such as Chess, Checkers, Angry Birds and Candy Crush that maintain cognitive skills
- The ability to order UBER, LYFT, or other delivery services that help residents remain connected to the outside world
- Hold Telemedicine video calls with preferred medical providers, eliminating the need for trips to the medical office, or participate in virtual exercise classes
- Communication apps such as Skype, Facebook, Weather, and News that help residents stay current with events, family and friends
With the Family and Friends Connect module on our Interactive Patient Whiteboard, residents can video conference with loved ones. The HUB set-top-box, powered by Android, can be deployed on any TV or monitor with an HDMI port, making the TV interactive. When combined with our web-based content manager, MediaCare, the options for residents to connect are truly endless. Since the apps we offer are based on the AndroidTM operating system, thousands of apps are available for entertainment, education and cognitive engagement.
When family members are choosing a long term care facility for their parents or grandparents, they want to be sure that the facility brings all the comforts of home. HCI solutions using the Interactive Concierge Tablet, HUB Set Top Box, RoomMate interactive TV, and integrated digital whiteboards help residents remain engaged, entertained and involved. MediaCare also offers complete data analysis and reporting so you can manage staff, workflows and resources.
- Announcements, calendars, and daily activities can be sent directly to the resident’s TV, keeping them engaged and informed
- Daily menu notifications and ordering
- Notify residents of upcoming appointments, guest speakers, lectures, contests and performances
- Residents can order facility services from the comfort of their own room, such as room temperature changes, trash collection and package delivery
- Maintenance calls
- Service requests are routed to the appropriate staff, optimizing staff time and improving efficiency
Limitless Connectivity with the HUB
- Built-in Ethernet, WIFI, and Bluetooth
- Admin Access to the HCI App Store to customize resident experience
- Clone software and update devices over the network or via USB