HCI has an important goal: to be innovators of hospital televisions and software solutions. To meet this goal, HCI uses technology in its products that are both cutting edge and uniquely designed to meet the needs of the hospital environment. For those looking for hospital grade televisions, the unique features offered by HCI make their TV models the perfect choice.
HCI’s television offers unique features you can’t find anywhere else:
Ease of Control
All the hospital grade televisions sold by HCI are UL-listed and are made specifically for use in hospital and other healthcare settings.
- All the features on HCI televisions are accessed with the remote control.
- The televisions also have a button keypad on the front and a pillow speaker that has the speakers built in. The keypad on the front allows visitors or nurses to control the TV without disturbing the patient.
- There are also inputs on the side of the television that allow patients or hospital staff to connect devices like a game console, flash drive, or iPod.
- Televisions also have the capability to be accessed from the nurse’s station with Media Care.
With VOD, hospital staff and patients both have access to informational videos at the touch of a button.
- Video on Demand can be used to help educate patients about topics including the care they need after surgery, what to expect during recovery, information about medicines and treatments, and information about general health and nutrition.
- Televisions can be placed in patient’s rooms, waiting areas, dining areas, or staff lounges. With VOD, videos can be accessed at any time, from any location and for many people at once.
- Videos are simply placed on the local network and then streamed out to individual TV sets, allowing doctors and patients to select the time to view a video when it is most convenient. The days of waiting for a staff member to pick up a DVD to watch are gone.
Infection Control Television
In addition to convenient programming options, Infection Control Television is an important and innovative feature offered by HCI.
- The RoomMate television has a front that is made of tempered glass. Because the glass is tempered, it is both virtually indestructible and antimicrobial.
- The glass front makes it very easy to clean with cleaners that will kill germs, thus helping to control infection.
- Televisions come equipped with a “Clean” button which, when pressed, allows the TV to be cleaned of all patients data without changing any of the settings, like the volume or the channel. It will even display a reminder when it is time to clean.
- Television models also have a capacitive touch button panel that can be operated by someone with weakness in their fingers. The panel is very durable and will never wear out.<
HCI knows that a hospital room can be a lonely and scary place for many patients. Our TV features show HCI’s commitment to enhancing the patient’s experience during a hospital stay. For more information on HCI’s TV solutions contact us here.