Decision makers in hospitals, dialysis centers, and other healthcare facilities are finding themselves at the intersection of quality and cost when it comes to evaluating recent technologies. While technology can help improve patient care, hardware used can be involved in the transmission of infection between staff and patients. Computer hardware, especially keyboards, can be contaminated when touched by the user’s hands. It is stated that 25% of hospital keyboards tested positive for the deadly super bug MRSA.
HCI’s Health-Key keyboard is a cost effective and infection control keyboard built for the medical environment. The glass top keyboard, which is also 100% waterproof, can be cleaned with any hospital grade disinfectant. To enhance patient and staff safety, we make our keyboards in hygienic white, so that bodily fluids, spills, dust and other contaminants are easier to spot letting the user know it is time to disinfect. Other features of the medical keyboard are:
- USB, Bluetooth and 2.4G Wireless Connectivity
- Sealed to IP65 standard — safe enough to be cleaned in a dishwasher
- Can control multiple devices
- Backlight keys
- Cleaning Software to safe guard both patients and staff
- Built-in function to disable keys during cleaning
- High-Speed data entry capabilities
- 12 shortcut hot keys: Instantly access email, launch a web search or pause music with one touch
- Enters sleep mode after 10 minutes of inactivity to maximize battery life
- And so much more…
Our keyboard bundled with our other technology solutions can improve outcomes and reduce costs at your facility. Experience first-hand what our technologies can do for you by scheduling a demo now.