Educational videos allow patients and their caregivers to understand their disease and treatment plan. By educating the patient the healthcare facility is empowering the patient to take a more active role in improving and maintaining their health. In return, your readmissions rate will be reduced, have an increase in reimbursements and better communication between staff members and the patient. To ensure patient education is done efficiently and effectively the staff needs a set of educational tools that run seamlessly and are easy to access. These set of tools can be found with HCI’s Interactive Patient Care Software – MediaCARE.
MediaCARE is the most advanced interactive patient education and entertainment solution in the market. The software delivers an innovative patient experience and provides clinical management tools to healthcare facilities both large and small. Education can be delivered through the TV without the patient or staff having to leave the room. MediaCARE utilizes data within the hospital’s EMR systems to deliver personalized patient care. Patients receive assigned educational videos based on their specific condition and prescribed medications from the EMR. Once the patient has completed the education, MediaCARE reports back to the EMR system and documents the completion.
Not only can MediaCARE help assist in educating the patient but some other features are:
- Clinical and non-clinical service delivery and recovery features
- Hospital information and entertainment to enhance the patient experience
- Digital Whiteboard access to important care, room, and staff information
- Online workflow management, reporting, and analytic tools
- Satisfaction surveys and comprehension testing
- Incorporation of Hospital branding and revenue generation opportunities for hospital and auxiliary services such as Pharmacy, Gift Shop, and Cafe
- Remote Network Clone & Software Updates