As you consider where your hospital organization stands today and how you are doing when it comes to delivering high-quality care to patients, one topic that will invariably emerge is that of your HCAHPS scores. With trends moving toward these scores playing an increasingly “heavy” role in your overall rating and reimbursement levels as a hospital, tools to help you achieve better scores and improved care will gain importance as well.
There are several features you want to look for in patient-centered tools which lead to improved outcomes and HCAHPS scores. Those features are:
- Tools that ask patients about their hospital experiences
- The ability to collect standardized patient experience data
- A method for adjusting data for equitable comparisons and benchmarking
- A mechanism for publically reporting results
- Incentives for using to improve hospital quality of care
HCAHPS performance is more predictive of readmission rates than the objective clinical performance measures often used to assess the quality of hospital care. HCI’s solutions couple the most current advances in Android technology with the latest in healthcare research and policy to provide tools that can immediately and directly lead your hospital to better performance and outcomes.
How important are HCAHPS scores for your organization today?
To learn more about our tools, contact us today!