While TV’s in your hospital room are nothing new, what you should know about are the options that you have to watch on those sleek, flat-screen terminals. Here are a few of the types of things HCI’s televisions have to offer:
- Surf the Internet
- Order meals
- Communicate with nurses
- View X-Rays, medical records, etc.
- Watch videos on managing your condition
- Preview just-released movies
Among the regular entertainment options that typically include a wide range of television shows and movies, hospitals moving toward an interactive patient care software not only improve the patient’s experience but also reduce readmissions and add to patient satisfaction.HCI, which specializes in Android TVs, apps and interactive patient care is ahead of many and is even setting the standard for media in healthcare with its innovative approach to patient-focused technology solutions. HCI has solutions that fit any healthcare facility. These include:
- EHR (Electronic Health Record): the ability to prescribe a video or quiz and record your results in your patient
- Apps: Millions of apps to educate, inform and entertain (including Enterprise Cloud Apps).
- Android TV: includes Internet, media player and Television
Some other factors that are pushing interactive systems to the forefront include patient satisfaction mandates. Medicare now collects patient-satisfaction data and cuts reimbursements for facilities performing poorly and using interactive tools to get patients more involved in their care also should reduce hospital readmissions, which is another factor affecting reimbursements.And while you probably still won’t be wishing for an extended stay in your local hospital, the trends are that in the next few years if you do have to stay at one, you’ll get some of that luxury experience while you’re there!