A common buzzword found in healthcare facilities is patient engagement. When patient engagement is done correctly, it leads to lower readmissions, increase satisfaction, happier patients and increase profits. Patient engagement needs to go beyond the staff and communication needs to be done easily for this to happen.
Bob Dylan wrote, “The Times They Are A-Changin”. It has never been more pertinent as it is today. Technology has transformed almost all aspects of our lives. One example is how we watch TV, news, and movies. How Americans are consuming media is changing at a rapid pace. All age groups are moving away from traditional broadcast to on-demand programming options; seniors are not an exception. A recent study conducted by Barclay’s financial and published by AARP shows that in 2016, 34% of Americans 65+ use streaming devices to consume entertainment on demand compared to 41% who watch through traditional methods. Although less, usage is a 36% percent increase compared to that number 2015. Reality is, it is changing, and changing fast.
Why is this important for a healthcare facility? Multiple reasons.
- Individuals are consuming media-on-demand and on their terms at a dramatic pace.
- The knowledge and use of interactive devices are increasing across all age groups. Facilities can use this trend to their advantage to better educate, communicate and entertain while providing the clinical staff tools to better manage, measure and document quality of care.
So how can this be done – with HCI’s latest product the HUB. The HUB is our most advanced interactive patient education and engagement solution to date. It is a highly flexible, cost-effective platform, and can be deployed on any TV with an HDMI port. Healthcare providers can quickly transform their current televisions into a full-featured patient entertainment, education, and communication solution.
- Push delivery of patient-specific education plans
- Patients can also connect with the comforts of home through entertainment options such as blockbuster movies, games, relaxation programming, and music
- Patient Whiteboard access to important care, room, and staff information
- Online workflow management, reporting, and analytic tools
- Satisfaction surveys and comprehension testing
- Automated clinical workflows and EMR documentation
- And so much more…