Android Media Apps for Patient Engagement
Android media apps provide a powerful set of engagement tools for patients. They alleviate stress and boredom, let patients connect with family or caregivers and obtain educational content about their condition and treatment.
While patient care is the primary concern for healthcare providers, ensuring satisfaction and providing engagement opportunities with engagement tools has a significant impact on patient satisfaction and HCAHPS scores. Most patients are required to stay in their bed and are restricted from leaving their room. Patients end up with many hours to fill and want some sort of entertainment and diversion. They want to have entertainment options at their fingertips with the familiarity of Android apps and devices they use at home.
Scalable, Flexible and Cost-Effective
HCI integrated, interactive patient care solutions scale to your needs, today and tomorrow. MediaCare provides your facility a long-term solution that positively impacts patient satisfaction and provides patient education from day one. Teamed with Android apps, no other patient engagement and entertainment provider can match MediaCare’s level of flexibility and scalability.
Connected Interactive Whiteboards and Tablets offer an additional layer of in-room patient options for searching and using Android apps that will support their recovery, educate them about their condition and treatment, and provide a variety of entertainment options. The HCI Friends and Family Connect App on our Interactive Whiteboards offers patients and opportunity for video conferencing with family, friends and other people in their circle of care to provide connection, updates and reassurance, while streaming podcasts, audio books, music and movies are available at a touch.
MediaCare utilizes solutions based on the Android platform and open the door to access endless third-party apps to ensure patients can find the social platforms, movies, games, music and relaxation content they want and that can help them relive stress.
- Internet access for streaming apps.
- Access to popular email providers and social media platforms.
- Access to Netflix, Hulu, Sling TV and other similar apps, downloaded to patient in-room interactive devices for patients to access with their own credentials.
- Educational content to learn more about conditions, treatments and medications for better health literacy and discharge planning.
- Bedside meal ordering based on physician-directed dietary guidelines.
- In-facility ordering direct to room from retail spaces, such as Gift Shop, Pharmacy and more.
- Service request apps for comfort requests like lighting and temperature, or requesting clergy.
Schedule a brief virtual demo to experience how HCI can help you raise patient satisfaction scores and provide patients with options for better recovery through the power of Android and HCI.