Hospital Reporting with MediaCare Improves Efficiency
In a world where data often piles up without analysis or action, HCI MediaCare gives teams working on strategic solutions a new way to cut through the quantitative clutter of most hospital reporting systems. Fed through the existing EHR, RTLS, Nurse Call and other systems within a healthcare organization, MediaCare provides detailed business intelligence for resource allocation and management.
If you participate in the CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) “Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting Program” and QualityNet, MediaCare reporting can supplement your data for a more comprehensive overview.
With MediaCare, providers have access to a custom dashboard that provides vital real-time patient data along with historical data for trending purposes. These reports can segment service requests by category, such as dietary and housekeeping requests. You can use the dashboard to track trends, monitor overall service utilization and get an overview of patient needs through the requests they make via the apps available on the MediaCare platform. These tools deliver tailored data to both clinicians and administrators. The data specific or aggregated information creates opportunities to discover how to enhance the patient experience or improve quality initiatives.
Better Decision-Making and Resource Management
Analyze patient alerts to reveal trends in triggered patient room alerts. Feedback and service alert reports can be used to make the most efficient use of executive time during rounding. MediaCare can help identify which patient rooms had issues, giving executives a list of areas where patient satisfaction can be most impacted. Generate custom reports for your specific requirements. Patient surveys, service requests generated and entertainment apps viewed can be analyzed for fiscal reporting and decision-making. Analyze clinical rounding to more effectively and efficiently schedule staffing based on any number of variables defined by your facility.
- Data aggregation provides opportunities to obtain new/needed equipment and supports cost justification.
- Data management tools help with decisions around workflows and staffing, LoS and bed turnover, providing opportunities for cost justification to support staffing level needs in multiple departments.
- The MediaCare Dashboard provides metrics for resource and supply decisions, medications and supply levels, and provides aggregated/consolidated patient data for regulatory compliance. Our account management team can help you put procedures in place to ensure you get the highest value from this information.
Customize Your Reporting
To give you the most robust tool set for your organizational readiness and efficiency, MediaCare reporting is easily customizable. The types of standardized reporting we offer continues to be developed and expanded based on new product developments and feature enhancements.
High-level MediaCare reports include:
- Health video viewing reports to show which videos are being watched and the frequency of viewing, and what time of day or night.
- Survey reports to deliver patient feedback information and offer opportunities for service recovery.
- Service Alert reports to show what types of requests are being made and demonstrate response time.
- An objective source of data that can help leadership provide employee recognition and staffing analysis.
- Messaging reports to indicate how many messages have been distributed to patients on their in-room TVs with the patient response rate broken out for each message.
Schedule your virtual demo to experience for yourself how we can help you renew the ways you can use your data.