Experience what a revolutionary technology can do for your healthcare services.
“Revolutionary Technology” – that’s a loaded phrase. What is a revolutionary technology? In their day, personal computers, home printers and smartphones were considered revolutionary – we now take them for granted because they’ve added so much convenience and time savings to our daily lives. Advancements in these devices are becoming more and more sophisticated every day and creative minds are finding more and more innovative ways to use them. For the healthcare space, advancements in technology are skyrocketing, particularly given the global response to COVID-19. Some of these technologies are revolutionizing the way providers offer care and follow-through for patients, and how providers and Care Teams interact with patients and each other to achieve better health outcomes. Healthcare Business and Technology states, “Through technology’s integration with areas like disease prevention, surgical procedures, better access to information, and medical telecommunications, the medical industry and patients around the world continue to benefit.” MediaCare, the integrated software platform from HCI, is one of these technologies.
How is MediaCare a revolutionary technology?
MediaCare as a revolutionary technology is a digital software platform developed by HCI that operates through the provider’s enterprise servers to turn hospital patient information displays and televisions into tools for keeping patients fully informed in real time on their condition and treatments. It automatically stores and records patient events into their electronic health records to build patient care histories and offers reporting on the data for better resource allocation and decision-making on the part of administrators. Designed for hospitals, long term care, acute care and residential care facilities, MediaCare increases staff efficiency and allows hospital staff to reduce the time it takes to execute non-clinical tasks and focus their time and energy on the patient.
- Enterprise-level interoperability with EHR, ADT, RTLS, PAC, LADP, BMS, EVS, pharmacy, dietary and other hospital technology systems
- Automated patient service request and fulfillment, and service recovery features
- Automated clinical workflows and EHR documentation
- Push delivery of patient-specific education plans, including education resources and discharge planning information
- Integrated digital whiteboard displays and access for vital patient care, room and staff information
- Online workflow management, reporting and analytic tools
- Satisfaction surveys and health education comprehension testing
- Remote Network Clone and software updates from a central location
- Access to thousands of apps for patient diversion, relaxation and entertainment
MediaCare is at the forefront of new medical technology and strikes a balance between reducing providers’ costs of care and increasing safety and survival rates. MediaCare is a decision support aid for providers to lower operating costs and offer high quality patient care that can be measured and monitored. MediaCare is designed to improve hospital staff efficiency and quality of care by centralizing control over information and displays from a centralized location. It’s a software tool to support patient care with interactive devices and software apps that increase patient engagement, magnify patient satisfaction, enhance patient education, and support higher degrees of patient and staff care collaboration. The features and capabilities of MediaCare create an environment for patients, their caregivers and healthcare staff that builds an unparalleled level of convenience and confidence.