The Interactive Bedside Tablet for a Better Patient Experience
The Interactive Bedside Tablet provides opportunities for active patient participation in their care and a sense of control during their hospitalization. The Bedside Tablet supports Care Teams with opportunities for push notifications to patients and patient self-service requests. Nonclinical requests can be routed directly to specific departments for fulfillment. That can help reduce burnout and task saturation and give the Care Team more time to focus on quality care delivery. The Tablet has a 10-point capacitive touch screen with secure data clearing for extra peace of mind.
With the Bedside Tablet, patients have access to standard or custom apps to support their healthcare journey while hospitalized. The Bedside Tablet has personal device ports, volume controls, and a sliding privacy screen over the camera. Help patients feel connected with the Family and Friends Connect app, allowing them to stay in touch with family and those in their circle of care with videoconferencing capability from the bedside. The Bedside Tablet can be used for telemedicine visits with departmental physicians or external providers, and integrated with HCI’s CleanCall technology as part of an effective infection control strategy.
Supporting Engagement and Infection Control
The Interactive Bedside Tablet offers a wide range of personal apps. It offers a built-in web browser, streaming and Android apps for watching movies, listening to music or podcasts, viewing relaxation content, or playing interactive games. Its rich features allow patients to participate in virtual physician check-ins and research their condition and prescribed medications with CareApps. The hospital-grade ABS plastic housing and touchscreen can be cleaned and disinfected frequently, reducing the viral load to keep patients and staff safe.
- Connect — Patients can take advantage of full-featured videoconferencing capabilities on the Bedside Tablet to stay in touch with family and friends for updates, support and planning. Clinicians can video chat with patients over the tablet, right from the central Nurses’ Station and Interactive Unit Whiteboard.
- Educate — Prescribe educational content and pre-load multi-media content, like videos and images, to share educational information on procedures, conditions, and treatments. Offer Android apps that interact with and teach patients and their families the supplemental information they need for better discharge planning.
- Entertain— Patients can access Android apps, streaming games and watch streaming or on-demand movies or favorite shows, stream podcasts, relaxation content and music to occupy them and their families during their stay.
- Inform — Send essential messages to patients and push content to the Bedside Tablet or TV. Provide notifications, check on room environments and send facility maintenance or fire alarm testing notices via ticker ribbons at the bottom of the screen. Share your facility’s website and outreach program links direct to patients, and offer visiting hour information, chapel hours, support group information and more.
- Interact — Menu navigation is intuitive and easy to use. The touchscreen is familiar, like using a Smartphone, with the same gestural touches on the ten-point capacitive touch screen, which is sensitive to weak fingers.