The HCI Interactive Hybrid Patient Whiteboard transforms the patient dry erase board into a personalized source of real-time information. This communication tool helps enhance the patient experience and align involved parties in the treatment plan by displaying vital patient information so that the patient and Care Team have the information they need when they need it. The Interactive Hybrid Patient Whiteboard supports the medical staff by increasing workflow efficiency and improving consistency of care delivered to the patient by providing critical patient information in real time. Better monitoring results in higher HCAHPS scores while reducing operating costs.
Like all of HCI’s solutions, the Interactive Hybrid Patient Whiteboard is customizable to fit the facility’s brand and needs. Our interactive solutions take the typical dry erase board information found in most facilities and displays it digitally with automatic updates through our enterprise-wide integration software, MediaCare, fed through RTLS, Nurse Call and EMR systems. For additional support, the lower half of the Interactive Hybrid Patient Whiteboard is a dry erase board for writing patient reminders and daily goals, or posting well-wisher notes and cards.
- Daily goals, activities and discharge information.
- Education assignments and completion.
- Names of care team members, including clinical staff and physicians. Patients can identify the nurse on duty quickly. Information on members of the care team automatically updates via the hospital’s EMR or nurse call system.
- RTLS information that lets the patient know which staff member last visited their room and who is scheduled to stop in next and at what time.
- Eye-catching protocols that team members can catch at a glance, giving them the most important information about their patients.
- Care team members can leave rounding notes, patient goals and consultation notes, keeping everyone in the patient’s circle of care constantly informed.
The flexibility of HCI Interactive Whiteboards provides hospitals with an opportunity to highlight essential initiatives such as pain management, quiet at night, or Fall Risk. Your HCI support team will share best practices to configure an Interactive Patient Care solution with integrated digital whiteboards for your facility to ensure the patient-centric experience is aligned with your strategic objectives.