The Interactive Patient Whiteboard transforms the clinical dry erase whiteboard into an interactive display of vital patient information.
The Interactive Patient Whiteboard supports both medical staff and patients by increasing workflow efficiency and improving the consistency of care delivered to patients.
By providing continuous, accurate displays of patient information taken from the EHR and other integrated hospital systems, providers transform how they deliver care.
The Patient Whiteboard operates through MediaCare and the entire line of HCI Interactive Patient Care solutions to empower staff, educate patients, and optimize workflows across the enterprise and throughout the patient journey.
The Interactive Patient Whiteboard displays vital patient information, integrated through MediaCare and the EHR, Nurse Call, RTLS, ADT, PAC, PAC, Smart Bed, LDAP, EVS and other systems. This allows care teams to automate nonclinical tasks, set reminders and optimize their care pathways and workflows across the continuum of care. Nurse leaders can use the myriad features of MediaCare on the Patient Whiteboard to manage staffing and resources to reduce LoS and facilitate smooth turnover.
Patient Education on the Patient Whiteboard
Education is key to reducing readmissions. Assign educational content directly from the Patient Whiteboard based on diagnosis or clinical order, and monitor education compliance through the Unit Whiteboard. View the percentage of completed content and push reminders for education completion to reduce readmission risks and encourage better health literacy.
Empower Staff and Patients
- Video capability for telemedicine visits and check-ins and for patients to keep in touch with Family and Friends.
- Display Daily Goals, Milestones, activities and discharge information with prescription data.
- Take advantage of touch-enabled pain scale reporting and the ability to view and annotate scans from the EHR/PAC system for in-room consultation.
- Track assigned educational content, with the ability to push content directly to the patient’s in-room TV or Bedside Tablet, even if it’s turned off.
- Show digital restriction protocol InfoTiles© that team members can view quickly and update as conditions change, without the need for sliders, magnets or flags.
- Clinicians can use the Patient Whiteboard with a video response to answer non-clinical Nurse Calls.
- Automatically display the names of care team members so patients and their families can quickly identify staff on duty, with automatic updates at shift change.
- RTLS information to show which staff member last visited their room and who will visit next.
- Present rounding, repositioning times, medications and Labs status with Nurse Notes and Visitor Logs to keep everyone in the patient’s circle of care constantly informed.
- Offer patients Self-Service options with CareApps.
- Provide a variety of patient entertainment options to reduce anxiety and boredom: interactive games, streaming content, Internet and social channels, music and relaxation content are available though the Patient Whiteboard and the bedside BedMate Tablet TV.
The Interactive Patient Whiteboard gives patients and their families the information they need, when they need it, to enhance patient satisfaction levels and provide a sense of empowerment over their care during the hospital stay. It gives caregivers a simple, touch-enabled visual tool to record observations and update care data for more efficient collaboration.
We welcome a discovery conversation to learn your goals and care standards. Schedule a brief virtual demo and learn how HCI can support your initiatives.