The HCI Interactive Unit Whiteboard Monitors a Group of Patients or Beds From A Single Location
With clinical staff constantly on the move and juggling multiple priorities, HCI introduces another innovation in the HCI product solution suite for healthcare: the Interactive Unit Whiteboard. This interactive interface helps alleviate some of the workflow of patient care and reduces task saturation for clinical staff as a single monitoring device for a hall, corridor, wing, or unit of rooms, maintained from a Nurses Station or central desk.
At-A-Glance EMR Integration and Monitoring
Working in Tandem with MediaCare, our enterprise-wide integration software, and our Interactive Hall Whiteboard, information regarding patient status, alerts, visitation status, and care team is all compiled into an easy to read chart, maintained at the nursing station for clinical team at- a-glance patient information. This information is fed directly from MediaCare, which aggregates from the facility’s RTLS, Nurse Call, and EMR/EHR systems, and is automatically updated when a change is made to either the patient’s in-room interactive device or the EMR/EHR.
Education Monitoring for Better Health Literacy
Care team members can be updated on education progress for each listed patient, with percentage of completion and a history of what has been viewed. Clinicians can manually update visitation restrictions, protocol flags, and send reminders to patients to complete their prescribed education. Maintenance and other notifications can be pushed to the patient’s in-room television or Interactive Patient Whiteboard whiteboard using the Unit Status Board from the monitoring location.
Multiple Features Reduce Task and Alert Saturation
- Updates Visitor Restrictions that are fed through MediaCare. Restrictions can also be manually changed at the display.
- Automatically updates patient information changes through the RTLS and EHR/ EMR systems, and automatically records rounding history for record keeping and analysis.
- Automatically updates Visitor Status and Protocol Flags that can be customized to fit care standards of the facility.
- Alerts staff when the patient is in need of assistance and displays the elapsed wait time since the patient has requested help.
- Displays percentage of completion for assigned patient education and allows for care team members to send a reminder to the patient’s in-room television and Interactive Patient Whiteboard.
Contact HCI today for a demonstration of our state-of-the-art healthcare technology solutions.