Secure Telemedicine Module – Internal and External Touch Points
A report from the American Hospital Association reveals that “30% of patients are comfortable using technology to obtain their medical or diagnostic information, and 70% are comfortable using video for those purposes.” The HCI Telemedicine Module supports both patients and providers with crystal clear, secure telehealth options.
Using the HCI Telemedicine Module through our Digital Whiteboards and Tablets, clinicians can make diagnostic, transfer and treatment decisions remotely, and patients have a higher satisfaction level. In addition, CMS will reimburse for up to 80 more services when telemedicine is used according to published guidelines; during the COVID-19 pandemic, provides can keep staff and patients safer with less risk of contact and infection. Healthcare organizations can leverage the Telemedicine Module for pre-hospital care to save time at Admittance.
The Telemedicine Module frees up time for the clinician, and for the patient, eliminates the need for travel, waiting room wait times, scheduling issues and speeds the consultation process. This supports reduced clinician burnout and some costs associated with patient facilities. HCI Telemedicine apps leverage secure, HIPAA-compliant videoconferencing using the built-in 2MP cameras, speakers and microphones in each of our interactive devices.
One Platform – Multiple Uses
The HCI Telemedicine Module has telemedicine options for greater flexibility: internal, intra-facility access and external access for off-campus video medical visits for greater patient satisfaction and workflow optimization. Telemedicine options allow both internal and external clinicians to communicate directly with patients through our interactive hospital Whiteboards and Tablets.
HCI CleanCall is tailored specifically for healthcare setting applications.
With just the touch of a button on the Interactive Hall Whiteboard or any HCI-connected digital device, CleanCall initiates a videoconference directly with the patient without having to enter the patient’s room.
If a patient is confined or isolated, HCI CleanCall helps protect staff members by limiting exposure and conserving supplies of PPE. CleanCall is elegant in its simplicity and intuitive use:
- Integrates with existing patient communication systems.
- Utilizes the camera and screen on the Interactive Patient Whiteboard or Interactive BedMate Tablet for video capture and high definition, high resolution display.
- Requires no additional hardware or software.
- Features auto-answer and auto-hang-up features; the patient never needs to leave their bed.
- Provides integration with existing Nurse Call systems to auto-start one-way video streaming to the nurse station and/or security office for staff emergencies and other call types with the Nurse Call Companion option.
External Telemedicine Module
The external telemedicine module leverages a cloud-based service which is secure and HIPAA-compliant. External clinicians who need to communicate with a patient in the hospital or healthcare facility can access the module from a PC, MAC or their mobile device via their web client. The module features:
- A unique address established for the patient.
- A virtual waiting room and management tool for patients.
- Access from the HCI Interactive Patient Whiteboard or Concierge Tablet.
No additional hardware or software is required; the Telemedicine Module uses the built-in camera and microphone on our digital whiteboards and tablets.